FFXI/FFXIV Screenshots
Benny
Dreampiece Founder
PSN: Dreampiece
Steam: bennysoo
Wii: 0384-8082-7959-9771
Xbox Live: S7th
Origin ID: bennysoo

Re: Adventures on Odin (UPDATED 9/2/2011)

Postby Benny » Sep 14th, 2011, 8:57 am

Awesome! This is a really nice looking weapon hahaha!
[b]PSN: Dreampiece | 360: S7th | Wii: 0384-8082-7959-9771 | Steam: bennysoo | Origin: bennysoo

dawkins
Imperial Librarian
PSN: donovanmcnabb05

Re: Adventures on Odin (UPDATED 9/20/2011)

Postby dawkins » Sep 20th, 2011, 5:53 am

Time flies pretty quick. With the version update taking place yesterday, it was a bit hectic trying to do Genkai and level up some of my more played jobs. New content and screens incoming, but I thought I'd continue with the September update for WoTG. For the record, I finished WoTG not too long ago, so the slate is complete as far as most of the screens I'll attain from that. Pretty epic storyline, though like all the others, easy to get lost along the way due to the immense depth of it.

AS ALWAYS WITH WOTG UPDATES, DO NOT LOOK IF YOU DON'T WANT ANY SPOILERS.

Let's take a look at Lady Lilith's (main antagonist) servants of evil, the cool-looking Spitewardens. They are basically over-powered Fomors (shades) who have given their will to serve Lilith until death. Doing the missions, you will eventually end up having to fight all of them if you want to finish.

With the war effort reaching full scale, you decide to help the heroes of the past push their way to victory, but to no avail. Things turn from bad to worse as a mysterious dark aura engulfs the two lovebirds.

Meanwhile, outside at the front lines of the war, the Shadow Lord appears and makes his presence felt...

...and utterly decimates the Allied Force's assault effort. With the coup failed and every nation taking huge losses, our heroes retreat back to Jeuno to lick their wounds and plan the next course of action.

Sir Regalise, the leader of the war effort and the man in charge of the coup, is dishonorably relieved of his duties, with many blaming his failed plans for the loss of their friends and loved ones. Distraught and without purpose, Regalise decides to head back to the source of the Dark Aura, for he felt something when it hit him and it now calls to him. Portia, in love with Regalise, decides to follow him back to Castle Zvahl, where it all happened.

Met with Lady Lilith upon their arrival, Regalise is convinced that he needs to seek more power to be able to shape Vanadiel and help his cause. It is revealed that the source of the dark mark that was placed upon him belonged to none other than the Dark Rider himself, Odin! Forging a pact with him, and seeing no other alternative than to swear allegiance to Lilith since the forces of Altana lacked the resources to mount another assault, he gives himself over, with Portia close behind him, to the service of Odin and Lilith.

With the main heroes having joined the dark side, and Vanadiel losing the war to the Shadow Lord, nothing has gone as it was recorded in the history books. Just what the heck is going on? Has time travel altered the past so drastically? Is there some other force at work here? Are our heroes doomed to suffer the fate of a Vanadiel controlled by the Shadow Lord and his beastman minions?

Well, this update is way too long already, so you'll find out next time. Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel!

Enjoy! :silence:

Benny
Dreampiece Founder

Postby Benny » Sep 20th, 2011, 7:40 am

lol thanks I am glad to be able to live ffxi through your eyes. I am sure Tim appreciates this as well.
[b]PSN: Dreampiece | 360: S7th | Wii: 0384-8082-7959-9771 | Steam: bennysoo | Origin: bennysoo

dawkins
Imperial Librarian

Postby dawkins » Oct 12th, 2011, 6:37 am

A little old, a lot new this update. Let's get to it.

Fresh off Odin being involved with Wings of the Goddess and ToAU stories, I get my chance to defeat the real boss one in Einherjar for the first time. I'm sure he was more difficult back in the day of 75 caps, but still to get the chance these days are a bit rare and I'm happy to have done it. Supposedly, Einherjar upgrades are coming in the future, so we'll see what happens with Odin then...like Dynamis Lord before him, pretty sure he'll get an "Arch" version as well that is a lot more challenging.

On the same day, I knock off Absolute Virtue for my win there. Was quite a day...happened awhile ago but didn't get a chance to really post it until now. For those not in the know, Absolute Virtue is considered the end-boss for Sea, and was previously considered nearly impossible to kill back in the days of 75 cap. Of course these days, with all our upgraded gear and levels, it's less challenging, but AV can still wipe you if you slack. Hoping one day to get a shot at Pandemonium Warden, especially now that the T4 ZNMs are guaranteed to drop his pop items.

...and with the 95 cap appearing in a cap earlier this month, they added some new things for us to do, and a couple new toys for us to get. Let's start off with Comet!

Had some fun at the expense of the low level denizens outside Sandy. While it looks cool, Comet isn't terribly impressive on most enemies, as they generally have a strong resistance to dark magic, which is what Comet is. Meteor is also in the works, announced and confirmed by SE, but it should just be an AOE version of Comet. We'll likely see that at 99.

And more Voidwatch, which is what my shell has largely been doing. It's the new endgame in town, and it's so much more challenging than Abyssea it's refreshing. We are in parts 2 of 4....this patch, they introduced the Jeuno and Zilart lines to follow with the three nations lines in Part 1. If it follows suit, we'll likely see a CoP line and ToAU line as well for Parts 3 and 4. WoTG past areas are already represented throughout so I doubt there will be any Wings update for this, but who knows. This is all speculation but hoping they keep this game interesting enough to play.

This guy isn't new, he's in Part 1 but I just felt like including him. Cute but deadly, most groan at the sight of Mandies these days...just like weeds, they are painful and annoying to kill off.

These are a mix of the newer mobs from Voidwatch, both from Zilart and Jeuno. Zilart is the harder of the two paths, all Zilart bosses have adds, and are generally more of a PITA to deal with. What's nice is that this system takes you all over the world...as you can see we are in Temple of Uggalipeh, Ifrit's Cauldron, and other areas that are usually deserted except for the devout soloer. This is one main reason why I can see them adding a lot of new Voidwatch things to CoP and ToAU areas, which are largely unused as a whole.

Here are some of the big boys. This is Pil, an annoying Catarue-type NM that is one of the toughest yet.

Kaggen, a new mob! Last time they introduced us to two new models in Hahava and Cealano, and here's another, a cool-looking Mantis. This guy seemed so tough especially with reports on test server about him, but in the end he is not nearly as difficult as his counterpart pictured above. The third and final T3 Jeuno path VWNM is an Eye, which didn't look too interesting, so I forgot to screen it.

Closing out this post with a bit of a milestone for me, finally reached 100 in a craft! Haven't decided if I want to do another just yet...at heart, I'm not really much for crafting but cooking was enjoyable in a weird way. Just glad this is overwith for the time being.

Anyways, that's all for now...will come back probably next week with the WoTG update for this month...really hope I don't forget the story by the time it's all posted here. If anything, might double up next month on WoTG since besides Voidwatch, this update leaves a lot to be desired. Not much to do, but a whole lot of grinding....and it's to the point where I think a lot of players at the moment would rather play something else. We'll see what happens.

Until next time!

dawkins
Imperial Librarian

Re: Adventures on Odin (UPDATED 10/12/2011)

Postby dawkins » Oct 28th, 2011, 1:56 am

So a bit of history since the last update, I didn't take screens for all the happenings...

After witnessing Regalise and Portia join the dark side, Lillisette basically lost all hope and "died", fading from existence since Portia and Regalise never got together long enough to have her. You then go on a trek through the present time and ask people who have met Lillisette if they remember her, in a desperate attempt to bring her back. Eventually you and Cait Sith do enough to convince Atomos to bring back Lillisette, and our story continues from there...

Convincing Atomos....

....who basically vomits her back into Vanadiel....

Lillisette is contained in an egg, where to get her to emerge you must right the wrong that has been done..

..which includes taking out Portia and Regalise, in their possessed form...

...and their Spitewarden companions.

And she's back! Team Future Fabulous can now resume their mission!

I'll cover the final fight and the aftermath in the next update, and probably do a Bastok and Sandoria line post as well. Stay tuned!

Benny
Dreampiece Founder

Re: Adventures on Odin (UPDATED 10/28/2011)

Postby Benny » Oct 28th, 2011, 7:18 am

Oh man I took off the Final Fantasy subforum link thinking you stopped to play WOW. You know... I never realized this before, but now that I think of it... no FFXI hume character has long hair! I am still envious of your Samurai armor it looks awesome. I too killed a big mandragora, but don't remember the name lol... that and the big worm that sucks... Thanks again for the screenshots as always it lets me live the FFXI fantasies I never had time for.

FYI off topic, I put in my money for the damned Cataclysm CE... I want that dumb cat pet... but don't think I have the time to get that sucker.... nor do I want to drop $14.99 to do so just yet. FYI the cataclysm CE is sold on Amazon by sellers for under retail @ $68. If history proves correct WOW CE editions sealed always go up in value over time for some odd reason...

dawkins
Imperial Librarian

Postby dawkins » Oct 29th, 2011, 1:01 am

Eh, it's fine. I'm pretty much the only guy playing it here anyways....seems like Monnoros stopped and I don't know about Tim, but it seems he stopped when you did. It will be here if people want to look at them, not sure anyone does at the moment anyhow. When I finish the WoTG line in a few more posts, not sure I'll have that much more for you anyways. Frankly running out of cool new things to screenshot that isn't just a stupid re-skin. Maybe I'll revisit the old screenshots from ToAU and do that, those yielded some cool screens.

That said, I won't be quitting cold turkey in FFXI. I'll still play but lack of people to do certain activities means I'll mostly log on for events with the guild and that's it. Will see though, but I am committed to WoW now, I bought the last couple expansions a few days ago, so once I settle my account issues I will be playing, but not how sure serious yet. Most of the screens you see were taken awhile ago, I just time the release so it's easier on the viewer, so I'm not vomiting like 8000000000 screens at once.

Not sure what you mean for Cata...I bought it from Circuit City, apparently now on Amazon as a seller....taking awhile to get here though, but I put in to get my account back and it seems like there's a fairly good chance, but I had to mail some stuff in so I won't be playing for at least a week I think until that gets resolved. I never really buy any of the CE of these things, you get a pet I don't really care about and not much else, so I'd rather spend it on something else...just give me the damn CDs I need to play the game kinda thing.

Tim
Dreampiece RO Member
Dreampiece RO Member

Postby Tim » Oct 30th, 2011, 1:11 am

I still play FFXI when I get a chance, but I only play at most once a week though. The screenshots are cool and I appreciate your time and effort in posting them up!

To update where I am now, I've gotten my NIN, WHM, and RDM to 95, and I'm trying to get my last few AF3+2's for my RDM. I got Blade:Ku finally, and it looks less than spectacular on a Taru. Blade:Ten actually looks better because I do a somersault. When I finished COP over the summer, it was like playing a solo rpg for me, and I really enjoyed it. 90 RDM was able to solo everything except for the part where you have to hit two switches at once and the Tenzen fight. I had help for the Promathia fight, but I don't think I actually needed it. The story is well done, and although I felt at times, it dragged on a bit and Prishe was kinda too cheery and annoying, overall I think it was nice that I got to enjoy it. I want to get to finishing up Divine Might/Zilart for the story and Treasures and Wings missions when I get some more time, but right now I've been too busy. Seeing your screenshots makes me anticipate it more. Now I know there are still a lot of fun things in FFXI that I never got to enjoy.

edit: I hope you don't stop posting screenshots, even if you think they're just stupid reskins. I know I still enjoy seeing people enjoy a game that I enjoy as well.

dawkins
Imperial Librarian

Postby dawkins » Nov 1st, 2011, 8:51 pm

Yeah, CoP was cool...like most storylines in FFXI it's hard to really take in, I personally had to go back and re-examine it to really put the pieces together. Most of the stories are multi-faceted and pretty deep as a whole, so it's a lot to keep track of. I never really liked Prishe myself either. Lillisette is cooler but its another cheery character, but I found her less annoying than Prishe. I'm still slacking in terms of pushing all my jobs to 95...but I have been leveling RDM so I look forward to playing it a bit once it's up to snuff.

I wish there were more coming but FFXI doesn't seem like it's in the plans for SE to create an entirely new expansion for. They're still trying to fix the mess that is FFXIV for the PS3 release and are apparently focused on a new, mystery MMO that they need to have do well to repair what is now a pretty tarnished reputation as a company. FFXI's dev team is basically down to bare minimum, like 5-10 people at most putting out all this new content.

And no worries, I don't plan to stop posting screens here. I still have a bunch saved, like I said, I just stagger the release of them so they last longer. Glad to know at least a couple people appreciate them and actually look at them. :P

dawkins
Imperial Librarian

Postby dawkins » Nov 4th, 2011, 12:33 am

Just a quick update.

Finally beat Arch Dynamis Lord today and someone did a video capture on it! Hard to see him since he's so big and the video was taken by a Taru....but cool nonetheless. Got almost full drops, except got the crappier of the two swords, Talekeeper vs. the Sagasinger which has the glowy effect. Anyways, enjoy!

You see me pretty prominently in the beginning, but I fade off to the right after a bit....I'm the SAM to the left of Migi at the beginning. For those not in the know, Arch Dynamis Lord is basically a tougher version of normal Dynamis Lord which they added upon changing how Dynamis works a few patches ago. Fight is mostly a luck fight...after awhile his main form splits off with copies of himself, but only one is the true Dynamis Lord and defeating him will win the day and despawn all his copies. However there is no known way to distinguish them, and therefore if you waste all your cooldowns on a copy, you're most likely boned since him and his copies will AOE rape you hard after a little bit.

Return to “Screenshots”