FFXI/FFXIV Screenshots
Benny
Dreampiece Founder
PSN: Dreampiece
Steam: bennysoo
Wii: 0384-8082-7959-9771
Xbox Live: S7th
Origin ID: bennysoo

Re: Adventures on Odin (UPDATED 2/27/2011)

Postby Benny » Mar 2nd, 2011, 12:41 am

lol the Unihorn thing was just weird... I don't know why I wanted to play a shaman... and I don't know why I wanted to be a Tauren... but since most WOW Tauren names had weird two part names like Watercleff or Brokenhoof... I picked a character with one horn... and decided Unihorn.

Don't worry about using this forum to host your thread. If anything I wish more people would utilize the forum. I think it is partially my fault for having a chatbox for quick chatting.

Thanks again for the great read on FFXI. It really is fun looking at all the screenshots.
[b]PSN: Dreampiece | 360: S7th | Wii: 0384-8082-7959-9771 | Steam: bennysoo | Origin: bennysoo

Tim
Dreampiece RO Member
Dreampiece RO Member

Postby Tim » Mar 2nd, 2011, 2:59 am

One of the things about endgame that we all missed out on was the music. A lot of the music, even the actual songs with singing were reserved for storyline cutscenes I remember.

I think it was Wings of the Goddess or something that had a song by some chick, and when I was looking through the wiki about FF11, it was listed there. I was like, "huh, where was that song?"

dawkins
Imperial Librarian
PSN: donovanmcnabb05

Postby dawkins » Mar 4th, 2011, 10:43 pm

Bahamut's theme was one of the coolest I've ever heard in FFXI. Here it is:

Alexander's theme is okay too..

I think the song you are referring to, Tim, is the Chains of Promathia ending song from the final mission completion. Is this it?

If that's not it, I'm not sure which it is. I am going to do WOTG missions but it is a bit low on my priority list at the moment. Will post if I come across it. Doing the missions, I'd say the story goes Chains > Treasures > Original > Zilart in terms of how good it is. I really wish now that when doing Zilart, I took some time to enjoy the scenes and story instead of just rushing through all the text in the cutscenes for Sky access. Now, I don't remember a thing about it except that it was really freakin' confusing.

Tim
Dreampiece RO Member
Dreampiece RO Member

Postby Tim » Mar 8th, 2011, 3:57 pm

I think that is the one.

dawkins
Imperial Librarian

Postby dawkins » May 4th, 2011, 2:07 pm

Been awhile, been some changes, but still doing big things! (or BIG THANGS, as it were.)

I completed a pipedream goal of mines yesterday that I am still a bit shocked I finished. I completed a Relic-level weapon. In particular, the Empyrean gun for Corsairs able to use a special weapon skill called "Wildfire" which is pretty impressive upon initial testing.

You may notice my pearl is a different color...I switched shells since the old one pretty much died since the last time I posted. They have been amazing in everything they've helped me with, that I can only hope to be as useful to them as well.

Unfortunately ranged weapons are not shown on your character naturally like other weapons are, so we have here an action pose with the gun to see it in it's glory. My friend Esor here is my partner in crime making this weapon, and he is in fact wielding the Empyrean bow! (called Gandiva)

What the mob sees before the lights go out! Wildfire is actually a pretty awesome looking weapon skill.

...and the Empyrean bow's weapon skill, called "Jishnu's Radiance" from an about-to-be-dead raptor's point of view.

Jishnu's literally rains lightning on the enemies! Looks fantastic. (Ignore the red lines on the upper right; apparently I tried to screenshot too quickly. :P)

Check the following vid out by SE to see Wildfire and Jishnu's Radiance, as well as the other Empy weapon skills in action in real time. Sorry for the smallish-update, but I just wanted to share this achievement, hehe. There is a major update coming soon with new content...hopefully then I will be able to come back and post more!
Last edited by dawkins on May 7th, 2011, 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Benny
Dreampiece Founder
PSN: Dreampiece
Steam: bennysoo
Wii: 0384-8082-7959-9771
Xbox Live: S7th
Origin ID: bennysoo

Re: Adventures on Odin (UPDATED 5/4/2011)

Postby Benny » May 4th, 2011, 3:22 pm

Oh wow amazing! Damn... FFXI still looks pretty good for the age!
[b]PSN: Dreampiece | 360: S7th | Wii: 0384-8082-7959-9771 | Steam: bennysoo | Origin: bennysoo

Tim
Dreampiece RO Member
Dreampiece RO Member

Postby Tim » May 4th, 2011, 4:10 pm

If i had time to play something, I would probably just play 11 again.

dawkins
Imperial Librarian

Postby dawkins » May 7th, 2011, 1:49 am

Updated the original post with a few more pics of the gun itself. The other shot came out quite grainy due to it being on my old computer, which made it difficult to see the texture of the gun at all.

dawkins
Imperial Librarian

Re: Adventures on Odin (UPDATED 5/7/2011)

Postby dawkins » Jun 16th, 2011, 2:12 am

Random update.

Me on PLD....the job I started this character on. My original was a Mithra named Fyre on Seraph server(now defunct also), but I never kept any info from back then so the kitty is gone. I actually chose the model because I liked how this Hume male model looked with the original PLD AF...but that's another story.

Hearing about Jordan and Benny doing their Genkais (75 cap break) made me want to go back and do the Corsair one, for the title it grants if nothing else, and these cool screenshots.

I still think COR has the best story and cutscenes for any job quest. Really gives the whole feeling of a swashbuckling hero that the evil empire just can't catch.

Meeting him at Talacca Cove, where all CORs start their adventures from.

Iconic screen, love it. A shame Hexaguns were never taken further by SE, and pretty much phased out by LVL 50.

Felt a lot like a passing of the guard, him in full COR AF1 and me in full COR AF3. Still love the look of all COR AF, though.

Wildfire one-shotted him... :pirate:

And...the title "Master of Chance" is mine! It's something no COR main should be without. :thumbsup: I know it's not quite as hard for me, but I had fun doing this fight and seeing the "Captain" again.

Until next time!

dawkins
Imperial Librarian

Re: Adventures on Odin (UPDATED 6/16/2011)

Postby dawkins » Jul 14th, 2011, 3:32 am

July update, and Part 1 of WoTG screens...

You'll need to forgive my crappy video card in some of these screens. There are some potential spoilers in the text in some screens, so if you'd rather experience the full story yourself, I suggest you look away now. I am currently halfway through the WoTG line of missions, and I will try and bring more screens as I do them.

Cait Sith! Unfortunately, unlike the FF7 incarnation, they don't ride fat mechanical moogles to get around. They are somewhat enigmatic creatures that serve a higher being, as the missions will tell you.

The girl you team up with for these missions is Lilisette, another time traveler like you. She is neat, some say cute, and she can hold her own in a fight. Together, you are team "Future Fabulous"!

Sir Regalise, another main protagonist in the main storyline who plays a pretty important role in determining the outcome of the war.

Some of your other allies in the story. The Samurai chick is pretty to look at, but there is another Elvaan chick that's even hotter. Everyone likes Mithra with guns, and the Taru is War Warlock Robel-Akbel, and he is one of the coolest characters I've seen in this game...I like him because he seems more real than other Tarus, who always speak in rhyme and act all cutesy, this guy is badass and is the real deal....unfortunately, he is only really seen in the Windurst storyline, which makes that very much worth doing.

Meet Lilith, the main villain in the story and the character pulling all the strings that lead to your demise. She is shown here speaking to Portia, another of your allies from the same dancing troupe as Lilisette.

The Shadow Lord makes an appearance! This and all the relic equipment you see in the 3rd screen tries to tie this story in with Dynamis, and there are other elements that link the story to Limbus and other endgame events.

Fenrir in all his bad-assery. Again, Windy-mission line only, and well-worth the cutscenes involving Fenrir.

Me, Lilisette, and a bunch of Cait Siths almost get swallowed up by Atomos, another summon.

Until next time, WoTG go!

Return to “Screenshots”