D3 What Will Your First Character Be?

Diablo related discussion, events, and links in here.
Marshall
Forum Veteran

D3 What Will Your First Character Be?

Postby Marshall » May 7th, 2012, 11:35 am

My D3 excitement has increased today as I stopped to realize that in just 1 week I'll be waiting in line for the midnight release!

It's crazy to think about how much time has passed since the big announcement and first class videos back in 2008!

So now that the release is FINALLY upon us... what character will be your first? And if you played the beta, what character surprised you the most (good or bad)?

I'm playing a wizard first. Seemed like a good all around character from the beta with a good mix of offense and defense. I was most surprised by the demon hunter... good single target damage and escapability. All the classes seem powerful though and I think they did a good job making them all effective and fun to play.

Since magic find is divided evenly amongst the party, I think all classes will be able to get away with stacking some and grouping up to dmg and mf... or just have someone in the group stack mf (like the Enu in Wakfu) and carry them along on runs.

Benny
Dreampiece Founder
PSN: Dreampiece
Steam: bennysoo
Wii: 0384-8082-7959-9771
Xbox Live: S7th
Origin ID: bennysoo

Re: D3 What Will Your First Character Be?

Postby Benny » May 7th, 2012, 11:37 am

Whatever makes me RL $ fastest... my assumptions based on old D2/D2x is long range meaning Wizards and Demon Hunters.
[b]PSN: Dreampiece | 360: S7th | Wii: 0384-8082-7959-9771 | Steam: bennysoo | Origin: bennysoo

Marshall
Forum Veteran

Postby Marshall » May 7th, 2012, 11:50 am

Benny wrote:Whatever makes me RL $ fastest... my assumptions based on old D2/D2x is long range meaning Wizards and Demon Hunters.

Don't forget about the witch doctor... his/her range is good and he gets better pets and aoe than the DH.

Benny
Dreampiece Founder
PSN: Dreampiece
Steam: bennysoo
Wii: 0384-8082-7959-9771
Xbox Live: S7th
Origin ID: bennysoo

Postby Benny » May 7th, 2012, 12:02 pm

Xeno wrote:
Benny wrote:Whatever makes me RL $ fastest... my assumptions based on old D2/D2x is long range meaning Wizards and Demon Hunters.

Don't forget about the witch doctor... his/her range is good and he gets better pets and aoe than the DH.

Yea I been playing Witch Doctor the most during Alpha/Beta. I think that might be my PVP character.
[b]PSN: Dreampiece | 360: S7th | Wii: 0384-8082-7959-9771 | Steam: bennysoo | Origin: bennysoo

Fyter87
L33T H4X0R

Postby Fyter87 » May 8th, 2012, 9:49 am

My first character will be a Barbarian, i played Beta and enjoyed it. The monk is actually really awesome as well and will probably be my second character.
Im curious if anyone tried the sorcerer cause i felt like i could bearly keep myself alive and didnt have the ability to kill mobs as fast as i did with my Barb or monk. Probably stronger is higher levels.

Marshall
Forum Veteran

Postby Marshall » May 8th, 2012, 11:07 am

Fyter87 wrote:My first character will be a Barbarian, i played Beta and enjoyed it. The monk is actually really awesome as well and will probably be my second character.
Im curious if anyone tried the sorcerer cause i felt like i could bearly keep myself alive and didnt have the ability to kill mobs as fast as i did with my Barb or monk. Probably stronger is higher levels.

Barbarians are really fun to play... everything you do makes stuff fly everywhere. You feel very, very powerful running around smashing things and killing mobs.

D3 is very much about movement for survivability. With the ranged classes it's about run and shoot so you can line up your shots and keep from getting hit or worse, surrounded. That's the Wizard, Witch doctor and Demon hunter. Hit and move, hit and move. The WD has a lot of pet support and strong up close skills like firebats so he can mix it up a bit more but I found myself hitting and retreating a lot on my Wiz and DH.

With the Barb and Monk the movement is always towards the enemies. The barb has to build rage so you want to be constantly hitting things and getting hit to max your dps and the Monk is always shooting from mob to mob and blazing speed to build spirit to max its dps.

I played the Wizard as most as my first character. All the characters felt weak when starting out with dropped or crafted magic gear, but I felt like the wizard did the best job of compensating for this weakness. I did a lot of casting and retreating until I got stronger, better attacks. I also like how you can use the wizard's defensive skills offensively, like running into a pack of mobs to freeze them with a nova then shatter them with wave of force or an arcane orb. But like I said, all the characters felt like that to me early on, so I think it's more a matter of preference which character you decide to stick with and grind it out without great gear.

I think they did an excellent job making all the classes distinct from one another. Beyond getting different attacks, the classes all feel very distinct when you play them. The monk is lighting quick and darts around striking fast while the barb lumbers and his attacks land with more force and effect.

Sean415
Topic Posting Engineer
PSN: Seanis415

Postby Sean415 » May 11th, 2012, 12:22 pm

I will be making a DH first, then a monk or barb next.

Return to “Diablo”