D3 Magic Find Stuff...

Diablo related discussion, events, and links in here.
Marshall
Forum Veteran

D3 Magic Find Stuff...

Postby Marshall » May 7th, 2012, 2:13 pm

Since the name of the game in D3 is finding items (then getting rich on the real money AH) I thought I would pass on some quick magic find info for those who haven't been following the developement closely because MF will work differently than in D2.

1. MF is shared as an average amongst party members. What this means is if you have stacked say 200 MF and you group with someone who has only 100, then your MF will drop to the average 150 and the person you grouped with will have their MF increased to 150. This raises some interesting questions about whether it's best to have everyone MF some so the average will be constant or have everyone MF a lot so the average won't drop. Or have 2-3 members of your group go all dps and gimp other members with all MF gear.

I'm not sure if the same average applies to gold find %.

2. If you are soloing, you can outfit your companion with MF (or gold find) gear, but you do not get a 1 to 1 benefit. Any MF gear on your companion is reduced to 20% effectiveness, so that every 5 points of MF (or gold find) on your companion only gives you 1 point of MF (or gold find).

I believe they did this because their clear development goal was to get people to play the game in groups and discouraged solo play. So now that everyone gets their own loot drops, which aren't even visible to the other players, you are better off in a group doing MF runs (assuming your groupmates aren't dragging your MF % down).

3. You get a temporary MF bonus for all elite mob packs you kill in a zone. They put this in the game to encourage people to clear out zones and stack the MF bonus before finishing an area and killing the boss. This is part of the change in focus for item drops in D3... you don't get the best/most gear from boss runs, but rather zone runs finding elite packs and named rare mini bosses. *EDIT* The bonus is called Nephalem Valor and it kicks in when you hit level 60 regardless of difficulty level. You lose any stacked valor if you respec.

4. You get a one time bonus to MF the first time you kill a boss on each character. For example, in the beta, the first time you killed the skeleton king on a character you were guranteed to get at least 1 and sometimes 2 rare items. Each subsequent kill by that character getting a rare to drop was rare again. People were making new characters and doing boss runs just to get the most rares.
*EDIT* I believe Blizzard confirmed that this MF bonus is just for normal difficulty only.

5. If you die, you get no drops. The last I remember reading about this was that if you died any point (fighting in the world, an elite pack, a boss fight) you didn't get any loot. I know players can battle res other players, but this is important if you are in a group and have gimped yourself with too much MF. If they aren't willing to carry you or save you if you die, your MF will effectively be 0 because you won't get any drops.
Last edited by Marshall on May 11th, 2012, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rawrmin
Dreampiece Server Host Admin

Re: D3 Magic Find Stuff...

Postby rawrmin » May 7th, 2012, 2:26 pm

You sir are the fuckin man!!! feel free to post more gems like this.
Ramin Davarpanah
President & CEO
of
-Ramin Corp.-
"Making tomorrow safer for today."
http://www.ramincorporation.com

Benny
Dreampiece Founder
PSN: Dreampiece
Steam: bennysoo
Wii: 0384-8082-7959-9771
Xbox Live: S7th
Origin ID: bennysoo

Postby Benny » May 7th, 2012, 2:32 pm

Awesome Marshall... thanks for this. This pretty much means I cannot be the gimp Sorc I was in D2x in D3... lol
[b]PSN: Dreampiece | 360: S7th | Wii: 0384-8082-7959-9771 | Steam: bennysoo | Origin: bennysoo

Marshall
Forum Veteran

Postby Marshall » May 8th, 2012, 1:31 am

From all reports about the difficulty of Inferno, you'll be stacking health/res/armor just to survive there while you gear up. We don't know what all the items and item sets are, but I'm betting the most expensive gear will be high level rares/sets with good stats and MF.

I'm also betting that before hell/inferno difficulty, your MF gear will largely be incidental because you'll be trying to dps and power your way to unlock all your spells/runes on your way to level 60. Then you can stack MF and go to the lower difficulties to farm rares/sets to sell or find a dmg/MF balance while farming for better items in Hell so you can survive better in Inferno and try for the best drops.

I'm planning on gearing for damage until the late/end game and saving up any decent MF gear I come across along the way. It's probably going to be the case that the best MF strat for Hell/Inferno will be straight dps to kill/farm faster at first then a transition into your godly MF gear.

3 OP dps carrying a MF gimp may be even better. We'll see soon!!

Marshall
Forum Veteran

Postby Marshall » May 8th, 2012, 1:34 am

rawrmin wrote:You sir are the fuckin man!!! feel free to post more gems like this.

Here's another gem:

http://eu.media.battle.net.edgesuite.ne ... loader.exe

pre-download link for the D3 client for those who didn't purchase the digital version. :peace:

rawrmin
Dreampiece Server Host Admin

Postby rawrmin » May 8th, 2012, 6:56 am

good stuff
Ramin Davarpanah
President & CEO
of
-Ramin Corp.-
"Making tomorrow safer for today."
http://www.ramincorporation.com

Benny
Dreampiece Founder
PSN: Dreampiece
Steam: bennysoo
Wii: 0384-8082-7959-9771
Xbox Live: S7th
Origin ID: bennysoo

Postby Benny » May 8th, 2012, 7:46 am

You think the beta client can just be patched?
[b]PSN: Dreampiece | 360: S7th | Wii: 0384-8082-7959-9771 | Steam: bennysoo | Origin: bennysoo

Marshall
Forum Veteran

Postby Marshall » May 8th, 2012, 11:16 am

Benny wrote:You think the beta client can just be patched?

Glad you mentioned this B... the beta client CAN NOT be patched. If you installed the beta client you must uninstall it before installing the D3 game files.

I used that link to pre-install the D3 client last night since I pre-ordered the CE and it worked great.

Marshall
Forum Veteran

Postby Marshall » May 11th, 2012, 1:48 pm

I made a couple edits to clarify/update the info.

Return to “Diablo”