Mouseover Macro for Spells

MMO from TRION with extensive class selection.
craig
L33T H4X0R
PSN: Chizew
Steam: Chizew11
Xbox Live: Chizew
Origin ID: Chizew

Mouseover Macro for Spells

Postby craig » Feb 18th, 2011, 2:55 pm

from what i can tell they are just about the same as in WOW. that being said the best macro ever made should work, that is mouseover casting/healing. i for one hated haveing to actually target someone then heal. once i was able to make it mouseover it made all the difference in the world for me. nothing worse than mis clickin someone or healin the wrong person cause you targeted them. mouse over macros made healin easy mode. and tbh thats how healing should be. especially in huge raids /pvp . nothing better than havin the enemy targeted to dps/cc and be able to keep your whole party alive with the mouseover heals.

so here is the macro i found on wiki. once im done patching i will verify it works.

#show Healing Spray
#showtooltip Healing Spray
cast @mouseover Healing Spray

replace the name of the spell with whatever cast you want .. shit i used to use mouseover macros tankin as well for hittin other mobs without losein the main target. dont say its cheatin cause its not. clicking on targets is out dated. mouseover is the future!

all that being said if you havent ever used them it takes some time to get used to but once u get used to it you will never go back!
Last edited by Benny on Feb 20th, 2011, 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changed title for more clarification :)

craig
L33T H4X0R
PSN: Chizew
Steam: Chizew11
Xbox Live: Chizew
Origin ID: Chizew

Re: mouseover macro

Postby craig » Feb 18th, 2011, 3:03 pm

tested it and it works great. thank god, now people wont die from me not clickin them and healing in a pinch lol

Benny
Dreampiece Founder
PSN: Dreampiece
Steam: bennysoo
Wii: 0384-8082-7959-9771
Xbox Live: S7th
Origin ID: bennysoo

Re: mouseover macro

Postby Benny » Feb 18th, 2011, 5:47 pm

Awesome... speaking of mouseovers... Let me get crackn with the Rift mouseovers for the forum!
[b]PSN: Dreampiece | 360: S7th | Wii: 0384-8082-7959-9771 | Steam: bennysoo | Origin: bennysoo

BigWreck
Forum Troll
Steam: nixonine

Re: Mouseover Macro for Spells

Postby BigWreck » Feb 22nd, 2011, 2:00 pm

I like that idea Craig - since I may role a Warden/Sentinel/Purifier Healer class. Looked into it more... found that by adding the stopcast line in below example lets you stop the current cast when you feel like you need to cast an instant heal instead, on the fly. Without stopcast, the instant would queue to your next cast.

#show Healing Breath
stopcasting
cast @mouseover Healing Breath

macfoo
Troll Clan Champion

Postby macfoo » Feb 22nd, 2011, 5:33 pm

Ed make sure to pick at least one offensive soul for your first three or leveling is going to suck... can pick up the third healing soul later via soul quests.

BigWreck
Forum Troll
Steam: nixonine

Postby BigWreck » Feb 22nd, 2011, 6:43 pm

macfoo wrote:Ed make sure to pick at least one offensive soul for your first three or leveling is going to suck... can pick up the third healing soul later via soul quests.

yeah - you'd be surprised. Warden has some offensive, and Sentinel too. Seemed to do fine through lvl 12. Was balancing +crit & +heal instead of all heal.

Ugarte
Dreampiece RO Member
Dreampiece RO Member

Postby Ugarte » Mar 1st, 2011, 5:02 pm

More stuff about macros, complete link here: http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Macro

A few notables:
Target modifiers
These modifiers are mostly used in conjunction with the cast command.
@mouseover -- The @mouseover targeting works when the cursor is hovering over party member portraits, pet portraits, and names in the raid panel. Target-of-target portrait remains elusive.
@self
@mark <number>
@lasttarget
@focustarget
@focus

Useful macros/Examples:
Changing equip and role:
loadequip 1
role 1
In order to use loadequip properly, you will have to save an equipment set beforehand with the chat command
/saveequip 1

Return to “RIFT”