My Rogue Build for WF PVP/Solo PVE

MMO from TRION with extensive class selection.
Benny
Dreampiece Founder
PSN: Dreampiece
Steam: bennysoo
Wii: 0384-8082-7959-9771
Xbox Live: S7th
Origin ID: bennysoo

My Rogue Build for WF PVP/Solo PVE

Postby Benny » Apr 2nd, 2011, 1:01 am

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MipV.V0p.VcbIuqdRkkM.xbdmzoM

This is as good as I could think of... 3 AOE attacks... 3 ranged attacks, snare, 2 ccs, and super insane high mobility.
[b]PSN: Dreampiece | 360: S7th | Wii: 0384-8082-7959-9771 | Steam: bennysoo | Origin: bennysoo

Benny
Dreampiece Founder

Re: My Rogue Build for WF PVP/Solo PVE

Postby Benny » Apr 7th, 2011, 12:02 am

Here is a video I recorded showcasing my build in action.
[b]PSN: Dreampiece | 360: S7th | Wii: 0384-8082-7959-9771 | Steam: bennysoo | Origin: bennysoo

rawrmin
Dreampiece Server Host Admin

Postby rawrmin » Apr 7th, 2011, 7:55 am

Not bad Benny smart build imo. I did have a few questions in regards to some of the point allocations. I am going to assume because you have a deep focus into Riftsalker that would probably be your highest dmg skill set.

Why did you put points into "improved guardedd steel" seems like a crappy spell opposed to "annihilate" or Deadly strikes" Maybe take those 2 points and allocate them to "Melted skin" in night blade that seems more justifiable , what do you think?

In any case the build is nice but i do see a lot of places where dmg was sacked for survivability / mobility which generally is ok in a team pvp game where we have a lot of dps already or your solo pvp que is ok to. I would not use this build for SOLO pve or dungeon pve
Ramin Davarpanah
President & CEO
of
-Ramin Corp.-
"Making tomorrow safer for today."
http://www.ramincorporation.com

Benny
Dreampiece Founder

Postby Benny » Apr 7th, 2011, 10:37 am

The guarded steel ability is one that gives me a shield buff making me more buff. Technically I rarely even get to get 5 combo points on someone. The reason is I need 38 points into Riftstalker because of their 10 second delay damage ability. That ability gives me a shield that I can cap flag points, grab sourcestones, fang without getting interuppted by damage. I can still get punted or feared unfortunately... this used to be immune to that before.

So I need 38 in riftstalker for sure... there are times I was running the sourcestone and they almost kill me but don't cause i pop the shield teleport forward and healer heals me enough so i don't die :)

I am very flexible on the other two trees however with the remaining points. The bladedancer tree gives me the sprint + survivability. The nightblade side gives me the added DPS for me to be able to do damage. The fun thing is I do a ton of AOE damage with the cool move called weapon flare.

The reason melee Rogues are kinda crap for DPS especially are for these reasons:
-Getting into melee range is hard enough
-Stealth can be detected quite easily
-Combo builders are weak damage dealing moves and we need 5 to do much... compare this to a warrior which have strong combo builders and only require 3 to max their combos.
-Combo finishers require 5 combo points to do decent damage... that is 5 seconds to create the combo points then another second or two to have the energy to do a finisher... all this needs to happen while we are glued to the user to melee
-We barely have an edge on mages for defense since they upped a mage's cloth armor

Thanks for the insight ramin :)

rawrmin
Dreampiece Server Host Admin

Postby rawrmin » Apr 7th, 2011, 12:13 pm

I see your point but my initial thought still stands that Guarded Steel Sucks. I would dump those points into Great fortitude which you skipped over on your 38 point quest and use Rift Guard which benefits way more in terms of survival. Also lets forget about Aoe attacks for a second because quiet honestly on a full plate ur aoe is gonna be complete shit to other classes that full spec into that. For surviving you need single focus dps to gain ur combo points to spam out Rift Guard or other skills to keep u alive. I dont see any AOE skills that give you combo points(let me know if u see any im kinda just browsing through). and if there is then im all for using it but really ur not gonna use 3 different aoes it doesnt make sense unless they arent spammable but so far seems like they are. You also skipped over Phantom blow which looks amazing, reducing dmg you take by 2% for 3 stack + 20 seconds = increased survivability. You should focus like your already doing on being super mobile and CC, Along with that skills for survivability dmg reduction on a spammable skill is amazing.

I would do something like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MipV ... k.xbdVdoMo
let me know what you think.
Ramin Davarpanah
President & CEO
of
-Ramin Corp.-
"Making tomorrow safer for today."
http://www.ramincorporation.com

Benny
Dreampiece Founder

Postby Benny » Apr 7th, 2011, 3:44 pm

Oh I don't use phantom blow because I use:
#show precision strike
suppressmacrofailures
cast reprisal
cast precision strike
cast quick strike
cast keen strike

Keen strike will be my bread and butter move... since quick strike and precision strike keys off of keen strike.

I could take off improved guarded steel and add more endurance. I am using Rift Guard, but note Rift Barrier and rift Guard does not stack... so since I plane shift so much Rift Guard is just added gravy.

You did make me think a bit however... maybe I don't need that much into nightblade since I don't really get a change to use combo finishers much... good eye man ill be crunching thoughts again later.

Benny
Dreampiece Founder

Postby Benny » Apr 20th, 2011, 10:33 pm

FYI... I tested your build Ramin... looked good on paper... bad in real trials. The Flash of steel which made me go high up on Bladedancer was a dud... it works only if the enemy is at least 8 meters away... sucks cause I can't get out of something when someone is attacking me from close up or behind. Losing Lost Hope also made things worst for me since I wasn't able to cap on Codex no more and stall people. I thought I would be killing people faster, but no dice... I barely last in the open more than 4 seconds... I think a BARD is the only way to go to be helpful... but even then I don't have any more platinum for respecs/buying new skills to max rank.

Return to “RIFT”